You can be highly active on social media sites for variegated purposes. Either you have been surfing through these sites for personal purposes such as making friends and creating a network.
Or, you might be here for the professional purpose such as for promoting your brand, product, and service.
For the people who are using social media sites for businesses and promotional purposes, do you know about rich pins?
Rich pins are the Pinterest pins that include your website name and icon showed under the pinned image.
We well show here that you can actually set up your Pinterest rich pins in just 5 minutes of time.
Earlier, we have already discussed the importance of visual marketing with stats and how does Pinterest can boost your business.
So, let us keep our focus on what are Rich Pins and how can it benefit you?
Rich pins are rightly defined as the pins that include extra information right on the pin itself.
Currently, there are 6 different kinds of rich pins:
- Recipe – This pin incorporates information such as ingredient lists, cooking time, serving, and similar.
- Article – These sorts exhibit the headline, title, description and author of your article & blog post.
- Product – These display the price, stock level/status and a description of the product on pins directly from your website.
- Place – These pins enable you to add location info to Pins, so that when a user pins from your website to a Place Board
- Movie – It incorporates information about movies such as ratings, director, actors, release date and so on.
- App– It includes an install button, in order to make sure that no user has to leave the Pinterest to download your app. Users can do so on Pinterest itself.
How to set up Rich Pins?
Many of you might not know but the process I am going to tell you about setting up the rich pins is much easier and quicker than what Pinterest itself tells.
These are 3 simple steps to set the rich pins if you have a WordPress blog.
In case any of you have not installed Yoast SEO, this is your chance to do it.
One can say Yoast is like an SEO knight in shining armor for people who do not know about SEO.
You can easily get Yoast SEO here.
Apart from aiding you in making every post on WordPress optimized for making your content more visible, Yoast also enables you to set up rich pins conveniently.
You just have to follow the simple steps:
- Activate the Yoast Plugin.
- In the settings, and click on the social tab.
- Open the Facebook tab and enable the “Add Open Graph Meta Data”. You are good to go!
Rich Pin Validator
In this step, you just have to do one thing; Click.
- You will click on this link and ensure to open the Rich Pin Validator.
- Make sure to add a link to any post on your website, where it asks for “Enter a valid URL”.
Just Click Now
You just have to apply now for your Pins to get validated. Click on Apply now!
Post this, wait but do not wait for a longer period of time. Soon, you will receive confirmation like this from Pinterest itself.
You will notice immediate transformations in your pins as soon as you get the approval.
These are some of the tips regarding the optimization of rich pins. We recommend to marketers that they must use a separate title to your Rich pins. This will act as the sub-title.
Let us see how it is done.
You might remember how to add a description into the section of social welfare on Pinterest. Yes, it is as simple as that.
We suggest our readers utilize plugins for this.
This Plugin will appear just below your image title on the rich pin.
In case you do not want to use this Plugin, you can utilize Alt Tag on your image to add the “Subtitle”.
It is always advisable to be witty with the description part. There is a solid reason behind it.
Giving out more information, which entices someone to take action or click via to the article, or repin or including a call to action is a must-to-do from our side.
Why is it necessary?
People might be thinking that why is it considered so essential to set up rich pins.
To start with, you might be not an active pinner on Pinterest, but your audience might be!
Hence, it is all about setting things up, in order to carve out most of the information on the pins. This will optimize your pins and make them more discoverable and repinnable.
For Bloggers and Publishers who are not so active on Pinterest, always set up the article pins.
Do you know that Rich Pins on Pinterest looks different or stands out on the feed, owing to its Bold title?
If you have any suggestion better than this, feel free to share the same in the comments section.
Have a good day!