Call Tracking and Call Analytics for Marketers
Over 1,25,000+ marketers use Viralwoot every month. So, we are starting this new series where we will be sharing some useful marketing tools with our users. And, we are excited to begin this series by featuring an interesting phone call tracking tool called CallRoot.
CallRoot is an inbound call tracking and analytics platform for marketing teams and agencies to track & record incoming phone calls, dynamically insert phone numbers & map referrer source with every incoming call.
And, all these tracking is immediately available in CallRoot dashboard. Hence, you can easily track which keywords or campaigns are generating the maximum phone calls. Moreover, CallRoot also integrates with Google Adwords, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Pipedrive, Intercom, Facebook Ads, Salesforce and other popular tools that marketing or sales teams use.
Now, let’s deep dive into dynamic number insertion and learn how exactly this helps.
How Dynamic Number Insertion helps?
CallRoot helps you quickly setup call tracking into your website. When a visitor arrives at your website via pay per click, referral or any other marketing campaign that you have set up, a unique number is displayed every time a visitor arrives at your website.
So, let’s say I am surfing on a website and there I happen to see your website as a referral link. When I click on it, I am instantly taken to your website. I head towards the contact us section to make a call to one of your spokesperson and the number which I am dialing is actually the result of DNI. Dynamic Number Insertion swaps the destination number with the tracking number. So, you might have a handful of tracking number which is swapped to one destination number. For the tracking purpose, the number with which the destination number is swapped is taken and that is pretty much all about the DNI in nutshell for you.
You can choose the swap number from the pool of different numbers we provide here in CallRoot. For every trigger source, i.e the marketing initiatives via PPC, direct, organic, source or keyword tracking, you can have a swap number. With this thing so handy you can very well evaluate your marketing strategies for your brand.
You can even create a swap number for your offline banners and ads on newspaper, magazines, journals, hoardings, and billboards because it is as important as all other ad campaigns you are running online. For instance, you may have spent thousands of dollars on a billboard at a very prime location downtown but if no one is picking up the phone as a result of seeing that ad on which you have spent your marketing dollars on, then perhaps you have made a mistake.
There is no question that Dynamic Number Insertion will help you streamline your efforts by giving you a bigger picture of the sales you are getting per marketing campaign you are putting out, if implemented correctly, it is bound to give your business a good boost and a promising turnover as well. With DNI, you can demographic wise take a sneak peek into the world regions that are driving you the most sales and then you can pitch your sales accordingly.
[Tweet “Setup dynamic number insertion on your website to track performance of your marketing campaigns better.”]
How to setup Dynamic Number Insertion with CallRoot?
You can setup Dynamic Number Insertion when you make a new campaign in CallRoot. To get started with DNI, go through the following steps:-
When you are creating a new campaign in CallRoot, you will come across Campaign track settings. You can tweak things here and there and head start your journey by creating a new campaign. Starting with- you can circle any one of the five options we provide in CallRoot. Let’s pick these options one by one and check what purpose do they serve and how you can get them going for your specified marketing campaign for your brand/company.
- All Visitors (Recommended)– This option will encompass all the visitors that land up to your site via any source, be it paid ads, referrals, online/offline banners, organic search or direct. Here, you can feed in the destination number, the number that will ring whenever a prospect calls you but the number that is shown on your website will be the swapped out number. If the number of inbound calls you’re receiving is high you can create a pool of these swapped numbers for your ad campaigns.
- Paid Search Traffic– Choose this option when you want to analyze the traffic you are getting for your Pay-Per-Click Ads. To get started with it, you need to type in the Destination number which is your actual office number from where you will be taking up all the calls. This number is never shown on the website as it is replaced by a swap number. You can type in the number with which you want to swap your destination number as well under the field provided.
(If your inbound call volume is too high, you can create a pool of swap number according to your choice and demand.)
- Web Referrals– It is the traffic that comes to your website via direct links on other websites rather than via searches. To analyze the traffic via Web Referrals, you just need to fill in the box, the name of the website on which your website’s link is. Other things remain the same as in Paid Search Traffic with typing in the Destination Number, Number to Swap out with and creating a pool of numbers with designated area code.
- Online Banner Ad– A banner Ad or web banner Ad, is an advertisement displayed on the webpage. The prime focus of an online banner ad is to promote the brand and to bring the potential customer from host website to the advertiser’s website. Online Banner Ads are a great way to generate a lead, increase brand awareness and to retarget your audience, you can get the ball rolling with these ad banners. To start with the online banner campaign in CallRoot, type in the destination number and choose the tracking number from the list of eight. You can hit “Find Number” tab to shuffle through the different sets of number and then pick the number of your choice.
- Offline Banner Ad– The advertisement your company does on radio, television, magazines, catalogs, brochures, billboards, direct mail, encompasses offline advertisement medium. To get started with keeping a track on your offline advertisement campaigns follow the same steps as that for Online Banner Ad. Just type in the destination number and pick any number from the set of eight numbers available for tracking purpose.
Well, that’s pretty much about dynamic number insertion. But, story doesn’t end here. There are numerous other things that you can do on CallRoot to further improve the performance of your marketing campaigns. Citing my personal favorite: Retargeted Callers on Facebook using Facebook Ads Integration.
You can easily convert the incoming calls into a custom audience in your facebook account and retarget them with better targeted ads. And, just like dynamic number insertion, it is dead simple to start retargeting callers on Facebook.
Re-target Your Callers via Facebook Ads
With Facebook advertising integration, you can convert your inbound callers into your Facebook Ad Audience. And, you can run ads on Facebook specifically targeting this custom audience. Custom Audience Targeted ads result in higher CTR, lower CPC hence better ROIs
To give you an example, if someone calls you to enquire about the properties you selling, within 30-45 minutes of the call, you will be able to target your caller with a targeted ad on Facebook. This will result in higher brand recall & increase the chances of conversion.
- CallRoot account ( Not registered yet? Sign up for CallRoot).
- Facebook account with ads enabled.
Follow the following integration steps:
Step1- Login to your CallRoot account as an Administrator.
Step2- Click on the Integrations tab on the sidebar.
Step3- Look for the Facebook Integration from the list of Integrations.
Step4- Click on the “Connect” button.
Step5- Click on “Continue as” in the pop-up window to grant access to your basic profile information.
Step6- Click on “OK” in the pop-up window to allow us to manage your ads (more specifically your audience).
Step7- Now Select the Ad you want us to manage from the dropdown list.
Step8-That’s all. Now, all your leads will be converted into your custom audience in your Facebook Ad.
See, how easy it was. Well, there are many more similar integrations in CallRoot that will make your a super marketer. And, help you beat your competition without putting in much efforts or budget.
Some of the noteworthy integrations that you much check are:
- Call Tracking For Google Analytics
- Call Tracking for Google Adwords
- Call Tracking for HubSpot
- Call Tracking for Intercom
- Call Tracking for Pipedrive
- Call Tracking for Salesforce
If you are interested, you can schedule a free personalized demo call with CallRoot folks – Schedule CallRoot Demo.