A common question and a confusing one at that!
Getting traffic to an Etsy store is surprisingly tricky and is often unyielding. This is because it is difficult to gauge the customer sentiment and gain a sustainable traction at the beginning of the Etsy journey.
With that aspect in mind, we’ve prepared a little cocktail of certain steps and methods that a frustrated Etsy seller could follow to get some definitive traffic to their Etsy stores.
So, without further ado, let’s look at some of the best way(s) to get quality traffic to an Etsy store –
Cross channel promotions
Cross channel promotions involve advertisement, organic promotions and marketing on different channels. Feature your products on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Youtube – creating a comprehensive outlook for your products.
Moreover, using a cross channel promotion strategy can help you gauge any interested users on the distinct platforms and make considerably higher sales.
Here are a few to-dos when working on Cross platform promotions –
- YouTube: Place your product in a conducive environment. Possibly one that complements the product and highlights its needs and working. For example – You could showcase a Blender in a kitchen. How it so easy to use it and how it’s so gorgeous and worth the customer’s time.
Or, presenting a curtain in a posh house and how buying it would decorate the customer’s living room. Create a montage that’ll entice the audience. Tell a story if you feel it aligns with your product marketing.
- Pinterest: Pinning images of the products, with the prices. Create boards, join groups and pitch your product in a subtle manner. Do not make a hard sell.
- Instagram: Another image centric platform. Use it to display your images in a holistic manner. Adhering to the trends and the desires of the audience. Your image quality and personality matters the most. So, pick a customer persona and pitch them your product. You can also showcase a person using the product in their own habitat.
Influencer marketing is basically getting hold of an Influencer (a person to whom people listen to, atleast when it comes to a service/product) and asking them to pitch your product to their followers.
It may be a little conceited but Influencer marketing helps your product gain a spotlight (for a short period of time). This can help boost customer confidence in your product and let you bask in the glory of increasing sales while you work on your store.
Oh and a radical, highly-followed influencer will cost more. So try and strike a balance between the expense and the expectations.
Etsy optimization: Keywords, Search, SEO
Kind of a No brainer. You need to pitch your customers (prospects really as they haven’t purchased your products yet). To pitch in a manner that isn’t blunt nor too vulgar, you must write the right copy, post the right clicks and target the right audience (can’t be targeting bikers for Hello Kitty aprons, unless you want to create a new market segment).
Etsy offers quite a lot of tools for Etsy sellers to increase their sales. Get a hang of these tools and create your own niche. Once you do that, you can expand your product line and pitch more products to your customers.
So, this aspect covers the Etsy quotient of pulling traffic. As a pre-cursor to Etsy marketing, store optimization also helps you to select your target audience, know your competition and mainly strategizing your approach to the market. Simple enough? Okay. Forward march!
An astonishingly under rated and grossly misused component of Marketing (on Etsy, on Social media or on the TV!). Co-branding offers logically limitless avenues of growth and sales to the market collaborators.
First – What is Co-branding?
It is the conjoined pitch of two products that complement each other. Think of Nike shoes going with a can of Redbull. Fascinating, right? Co-branding helps both the parties pitch each other’s customers and create a whole new marketing component.
Thus co-branding helps to exploit the market and any unreachable crevices in it. Mutually beneficial arrangement – like lichen!
[Tweet “Co-branding can help you find new markets, boost awareness and raise sales without greater efforts. “]
One more thing: The co-branded products mustn’t be competitors. This’ll blow up the entire premise of Co-branding.
Pitch something useful. Please? Utility marketing moulds itself around the customer’s requirements and needs. Something really useful to your customers. That’s why it is essential to research your customer segment.
Unless of course if you are selling sweetened water. That’s a whole new field. (a subtle jab!)
Utility marketing also convenes a rather simple message – Find an intersection between your customer’s personality, needs and desires. This won’t necessarily boost your Etsy sales instantaneously, but forge a strong foundation for your brand. Apart from this, Utility marketing also helps in –
- Building brand loyalty: You do not come off as a frivolous brand with bad products. Using utility marketing you can drive the customer sentiment in your favor.
- You do not make a direct sales pitch: You interact and inform your customers about the product line concerned. This shapes your brand as a reliable resource of information and a possible seller. Oh and it also helps you get discovered in the market.
- Establishes your brand identity: Makes your brand name relatable to the product line in question.
There! We’ve presented you a small list of things you can do to boost traffic to your Etsy stores. This list is absolutely not exhaustive and will change from the insights gained from customer and market analysis. We will strongly recommend you to tinker with your Etsy marketing. Keep a few ideas consistent and experiment with your presentation and methodology. Once you do that, it’ll be fairly easier for you to understand your customers.
You’ll begin to be an expert in the subject and obviously reach your future sales goals at warp speed!